We have been here since June 2005 not working and are early retirees and our E106 expired Jan 2007.  The CPAM asked for our Carte Vitales back last year, and then subsequently returned them saying they were valid till end March 2008.  We haven't been in to the CPAM yet to sort out next steps.  But we have now received a letter and bills from the URSSAF, Union de Recouvrement des Cotisations de Securite Sociale et D'Allocation Familiales asking for payments for 2007.  Has anyone else received this and does anyone know if it is to do with CMU contributions?

[quote user="Ian Rough"]But we have now received a letter and bills from the URSSAF, Union de Recouvrement des Cotisations de Securite Sociale et D'Allocation Familiales asking for payments for 2007.  Has anyone else received this and does anyone know if it is to do with CMU contributions? [/quote]

URSSAF are the collection agency for the charges you have to make for your health cover through CMU. You will receive bills based on your tax declaration; we receive our bills quarterly.

Sue

[quote user="Ian Rough"]I assume that we now qualify for our Carte Vitale's to be renewed after 31st March 2008.[/quote]

Hopefully yes; the same as us as we have been paying charges to URSSAF since May 06. As yet we have not received a letter informing us that we will still be in the system after 31 March, though CPAM said there should be no problem, but they have either not 

a) received authorisation for people like us or 

b) got around to sending out the update letter

so we remain in ignorance for the time being.

Sue

• 3 weeks later...
As an E106 expiree Jan 2008, I have submitted my application to join CMU de base. Today I have received a letter from CPAM to say that I have been affiliated from Jan 6th and it sets out my cotisations on an annual,quarterly and monthly basis.I assume I will shortly receive a bill from URSSAF. In the meantime does this letter mean I can use my Carte Vitales again or do I have to wait for a further attestation?