>I take a Beconase for my
>hay fever i find Piriton
>doesnt do anything, Claratyn (I
>think) is the good one
>but thats 5.00 a week
>
>But is there an equivalent to
> Beconase in France

I still wonder why people who suffer from allergies don't have themselves de-sensitized. It worked so well for me and other sufferers who I know.

Large numbers of proprietary medicines (including many that are normally prescription only) are available via mail-order from websites. Importing them to France is probably illegal but I doubt that anyone is ever prosecuted.

France is unlikely to be a good source of cheap medecine due to the heavily protected local pharmacy business.

I have had terrible hayfever this year in the south of France - I have prescription Zyrtek (Zirtek) - you get 15 in a packet and it's half the price of a packet of 7 from the UK. I also get Bconase from the doctor (I'm not sure but I think that's prescription only too) and Multicrom (eye drops). I can also call and get a repeat prescription without paying to visit the doctor. Of course you can claim back the prescription from the CPAM and your mutuelle if you have one.
Out of interest, before I realised how cheap Zyrtek was here I ordered from www.pharmacy2u.co.uk and they posted to me