carte vitale renewal

maxsan

This has probably been raised before but a search reveals nothing.  My carte vitale shows an expiry date of the 5th of Jan 2005 but my E106 runs to Jan 2006. Does CPAM automatically send me out a new card or do i have to go in and renew it. If the latter, then what is taken in all the original documents?

[quote]This has probably been raised before but a search reveals nothing. My carte vitale shows an expiry date of the 5th of Jan 2005 but my E106 runs to Jan 2006. Does CPAM automatically send me out a new ...[/quote]

I'm a bit confusd about this, I have a Carte Vital for myself and my wife and she has her own one with just her on, neither of which has any 'valid to' date on them. Are you talking about the document that comes with it? The only date I can see is on the back top right corner which is the date the card was physically produced.

As long as you are paying tax and cotistations it's not a problem as you are in the system and the E106 becomes irelevent after a while. In fact we never had one when we arrived, just a letter of refusal, and we still went in to the system with no problems but then we pay French tax's and cotistations (sorry I didn't mean to imply that you were not).

There are dates. They are on the attestation that comes with the carte vitale and this attestation must be kept and sometimes produced. In many cases the out of date date on the attestation doesn't matter, as you said,  if one is in the system and paying your cotisations etc. However, there are circumstances whereby the date and carte vitale can actually expire.

Re the post, well I would contact your local office and see what is happening.

I would imagine the expiry date is for those of us whom are still on E106 or similar.  As for taxes etci am still on my last Uk return and have not had the pleasure of the French return yet. Due to a company venture I am starting (or thinking about) it may be more beneficial to keep my UK tax situation going as it will be internet based. we are, at present retired and enjoying the relaxing and relatively stress free French way of life. not rich but gite free. on another forum I am being told to go to the pharmacy and stick the card in the machine. the same applies at most maries I am also told.

You first french tax return will have to be done in the new year, your mairie or the tax office are the places to get them around Fev or Mars. They must be in by a certain date though. Ofcourse this isn't part of paying into the french secu, but will still have to be done.

Your business may need a french office or you need registering too.

All our attestations have dates.Maybe it is just our caisse that does it.

"attestations" that was the word I was looking for and there is a date on that but I have not seen one on the actual plastic card. Perhaps this is a local thing or it has changed in the last 12 months.

Re you company thing, I would check with companies house about this if you are living in France. There is more information about this on the forum if you search, just be careful.

I had received a letter stating my E106 would not be renewed.  My husband received his new E106.  We went to the CPAM in October with them and were asked to come back in January.

My husband is having an operation in early January so I telephoned the CPAM to ask what docs we needed to bring in.  A lovely lady (Poitiers) asked us in that morning - bringing my refusal letter and his new E106.  She produced new attestation forms there and then while we waited.  I have been transferred onto his number, and his card will be returned in 5 days and my new one within a month.

You have to take documents to the CPAM.  We have found them to be very helpful and if anything they believe delays are at the English end.  She has already told us to turn up October 2005 with my husband's refusal for renewal of E106 (We know we will no longer be entitled) and she will then give us the correct form so that we are automatically up and running in January.  This depends on a tax declaration for 2004 in March 2005.  I hope this of some help.

Jan