E-109 and Carte Vitale?

Sarahd

Hello everyone. Wonder if someone can help me?

My son & I have just been issued with an "Attestation" for health care in France via my husband's E-109 certificate (my husband works and pays N.I. contributions back in the U.K. and commutes over to France at weekends etc.).

Previously I had used an E-106 form from the U.K. authorities which provided my son and I with healthcare in France and was issued with a Carte Vitale by CPAM. My entitlement based upon my previous N.I. contributions has now run out and my E-106 has expired.

Hence my son & I now are now covered under my husband's E-109 Form.

Anyway, my local L'Assurance Maladie office are telling me they cannot issue me with a new Carte Vitale and that I will have to rely upon just the Attestation certificate to obtain reimbursement for doctors' fees and prescription charges etc. - this is quite a long winded process and will involve me obtaining receipts and then calling in to L'Assurance Maladie to obtain reimbursements etc. plus sending off payment receipts to my Top-up health insurer (AGF).

Are CPAM correct in saying that they cannot issue me with a Carte Vitale as my son & I are now registered dependents under my husband's E-109? or, is it still possible for me to get a Carte Vitale in my name as a dependent to my husband?

Has anyone had a similar issue with CPAM?

Many thanks in advance. 

I presume that if your husband is mostly living and working in the UK then he does not have a carte vital or a French social security number?  I think this is why you can't be issued with a new card because if you were it would be under your husband's number even though it would bear your name.  Well that's the case with me anyway;  I have a new carte vital with my name on it but the SS number (very appropriate ) is my husband's.  You're probably too much for the system to cope with!!!  Recently my step-dad's E106 expired and he was covered by my mum's E121 and the same happened to him, he got a card in his name but with her number on it.  So presumably if you are covered by your husband's form but he doesn't have a number he can't be issued with a card and therefore neither can you!

That's the way I see it anyway but I'm sure someone else will know better.

Coco, you're a star! Thank you. You have confirmed what I thought might be the case.

Oh well, bits of paper and more bits of paper will now mark my transit & my son's transit through the French Social Security system. Computers................magnetic cards...........things of the past! At least for me anyway.

Crazy but true.

Thanks again! 

Well, not every where takes the carte vitale anyway.

And it wasn't that long ago that we had to do everything ourselves.

A Tip, Just make sure if you get any prescriptions that the little vignette that is on the prescription is peeled off the prescription and re stuck on the feuille that you send in. Sometimes pharmacies do this, sometimes they don't. And our secu liked these to be stuck on in the right order and wouldn't pay if these vignettes weren't stuck on. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've just had a feuille de soins sent back as I had forgotten to stick down the vignette and have now thrown away the box! Damn! That's 75 % of 20 Euros down the drain.

I have an E101 but was told I couldn't have a carte vitale as the certificate is for a limited period of time. Has anyone had an E101 renewed for a second year? Or did I hear they've abolished it now, in which case what do we get instead? Mine runs out in August - yet another thing to wrap my head round ...

Clare

You are dependent on your husband paying contributions in the UK which is why you have no CV in your name here which only applies to those working and paying their charges in France to the CPAM. I too had an E109 years before the CV was in existance because my husband stayed behind in the UK to finish up and was still paying their NI charges. Once he was here and installed in his business we all became covered and eventually received our CV's for each person,the children received their own at 16 but we all have the same URSSAF/CPAM number. However as I work in France too,I also hold my own personal CV with a seperate number and pay my charges on that as well.

Yes I know. I do know about the vignettes, I just forgot, as so often the pharmacist does it for you, and I just stuck the feuille de soins in a pile of dusty papers till I had time to deal with it. I can live with the loss of 20 Euros, it's just frustrating!

[quote]Hello everyone. Wonder if someone can help me? My son & I have just been issued with an "Attestation" for health care in France via my husband's E-109 certificate (my husband works and pays N.I. ...[/quote]

Follow this link.:

http://forums.livingfrance.com/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=284&MessageID=169752&TopicPage=2

You will find a guy with a members name of Owen, his name is Peter Owen and this is his sort of business. You can email him from his members name and ask if he can help you. He may well charge a admin fee but he is well worth the money. I arrived here with no E106 and he helped me get in the system. He's a good guy and has helped many others on this forum.

Sincere thanks to everyone who has replied and has guided me on this subject.

Your help is very much appreciated!

I think I now know where I stand on this but if need be I will make contact with Peter Owen if I encounter further problems.

Well hopefully now the sun is going to shine (finally.........!) and I can forget about CPAM for at least a few days.

Take care everyone.

Sarah

E109 and CV (couldn't understand at first why anyone in France would find my job history of interest!) is another new thing I'm now to get my head round!

We have bought a house and I will be moving to France full time in September, but until I can get my business up and running my husband will commute on a weekly basis, as he owns his own company in the UK. I have been working full time since (forever) so would be entitled to an E109, but we are in the first instance not moving lock stock and barrel until I know that I can make this new venture work. At that point my husband would move over full time.

So my question is should I apply for an E109 now, or wait until this time next year when I know that we will both be in France full time. As having asthma and various other ailments, I am entitled to free prescriptions in the UK and will be returning on a 3 monthly basis, so in the short term was planning on staying registered with my doctor in the UK and getting prescriptions when I am in the UK. My husband will stay registered with a doctor here for the time being as he'll be in the UK three days a week.

My other niggling worry is if I need to visit a doctor whilst in France, would I have to go as a private patient, if I did not have an E109.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

Roseanne

rem, I don't think that you can be both, that is to say that I don't think you can remain registered as a UK resident and have an E109 as a french resident at the same time.

I know once we move back to the UK that for all we will be paying into the french system, we will have no right to use the french system other than with an E111 for emergency treatment only, issued in the UK, (until the new E healthcard comes out over there).  This is all very complicated and makes my head spin.