Ladies - contraceptive Pill

Noisetieres

Always worth stocking up before you leave.  Doctors here only seem to issue you with three months supply as opposed to the six you usually get in the UK so you have to visit the GP twice as often!  Just a thought....::

Always worth stocking up before you leave.  Doctors here only seem to issue you with three months supply as opposed to the six you usually get in the UK so you have to visit the GP twice as often!  Just a thought....

Sophie b presciptions here can have repeats on them. Many of the things I get have a six month repeat on them............. and I seem to remember that contraception was slightly different to any other prescription, being that one could collect three months pills at a time, whereas, other medicines one can only have a months at a time. And I also seem to remember, but this may be wrong that my pill prescription lasted a year, whereas other prescriptions only lasted six months. As I say I'm not sure about the last bit, but I really cannot remember going to the gyn/ob more than once a year.

• 1 month later...
Any help will be useful.  Went to my gp today to get my 1st supply of combined pill here in france.  I took the old empty packet of microgynon in and asked if this was available in France.  After studying his book he wrote me a prescription and said this was the same as the pill i have been taking.  After collecting it from the chemist they do not look the same as the 1st 7 pills are white and the next 14 are a pinky colour. I presume this means i need to treat this new pill as though its a different one and use extra precautions and not treat it as if i am continuing my old one.  Maybe he just prescribed the nearest one to it.  I got a 6 month prescription but have to collect 3 months now then return to the chemist after the 1st 3 months is up to collect the next 3 months!!! What a performance.  By the way the new pill is called "adepal" anyone heard of it or using it??   

Cary

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but are you sure there are 14 +7? and not 21+7?

The Mycrogynon ED version contains (according to the NetDoctor web site) 21 active tablet and 7 inactive ones so that the patient doesn't  have to remember which day she stopped on. I wonder, perhaps, if this is the same sort of thing?

Can you decifer the active ingredients on the patient literature leaflet of the Adepal?

p

definately 7 white and 14 pinky ones.  only difference seems to be the 1st 7 white ones have 0.15mg levonorgestrel and the others have 0.20mg.  Maybe it isn't the french equivilent of microgynon that i have.  Best i just take those 1st 14 days of the new pill with extra precautions, already got 3 children, don't want anymore little ones!!!!