Fybogel?

Jude

Please does anyone know if Fybogel (or Senokot hi-fibre orange drink as it is now known) is available in France, or is there an equivalent under a different name available from French pharmacies?

Jude

Guest CFrost

Hi Jude

I tried to find a particular cream in France and in the end I logged onto their website and contacted them with the same query (different product)  and they emailed back with supplier details for mail order as it wasn't available in France.  If you contact the manufacturer website they may be able to give you the name of the French equivalent and shops etc. if it is not available in France. 

good luck

Kimberley

Chadeniers 17

There are some very nice little squares of fruit roughage that you can buy. You eat one or two with water they are quite pleasant) and it works in the same way. Most pharmacies sell them. Ask in the pharmacie for a natural solution and they will offer you a selection. At this time of the year I find a couple of fresh figs or a bowl of  prunes works a treat, I adjust until I get the result I want.

Hope that this helps.

Thank you all very much for helpful suggestions. I will go and look for the squares of fruit roughage which sound like a similar sort of thing. And probably works the same way.

Fybogel is made from Isphagula husks which I guess is nut shells! and is very good if one suffers from IBS (irritable bowel syndrome).

Jude

[quote]Please does anyone know if Fybogel (or Senokot hi-fibre orange drink as it is now known) is available in France, or is there an equivalent under a different name available from French pharmacies?Jude[/quote]

There used to be a thing called Prunogel. Sold in pharmacies in pack of 4 glass jars about the size of babyfood jars. Possibly you could find it in the parapharmacie section of any big supermarket. I think it was made by Danone/Blédina but can't remember exactly.

It was nice to eat. Just a jam made with prunes really. I use to eat, at breakfast time, spread out on granary bread toast or mixed in with some low fat natural yogurt.

I was recommended it by my sister after I had an op for which being constipated during convalescence was not allowed!...

Didn't need very much of the stuff to help shift the blockages!