Healthcare for someone with exsisting illness

alwen

Can anyone offer advice on healthcare my 13 year old son has an existing illness I have been told that he will be covered by the new E11 form will we need extra insurance to cover him if he needs treatment. Our move to France is permanent but until we have set up our buisness and paying contributions I want to make sure that he is covered medically

many thanks

I hope you don`t mean the new E111....as that is for visitors/holidaymakers.

you or your spouse will need the relevent E form that goes with your situation, which Newcastle will supply you with.

Depending on what your sons illness is, he could be covered `100%`, but you need to sort out your situation with Newcastle first/

If you read back a few months over the Health section , you may find more answers.

Mrs O

• 1 month later...

Please can someone tell me how far in  advance I need to contact Newcastle?  We are planning to move at the end of June next year.

I have, amongst other things, fibromyalgia and am on longterm Incapacity Benefit, with age allowance as I am really very young to be on the scrapheap!  My daughter has recently diagnosed Coeliac so we have gluten free flour, bread etc on prescription for her.  We are currently having A LOT of scans, diagnostic proceedures and visits to to our Consultants which I hope will be finished soon.  I understand that IB is 'portable' to France from my earlier research on this forum and checking on the DWP website. I do have a list of English speaking doctors and Gastro Consultants and plan to visit at Easter and arrange our transfer to the French system.

Any advice from anyone who has actually managed the process would be really helpful.

D