Early retirement – which form?

tinaw

We are both in our 40’s and are hoping to move permanently to France in about 18 months (we have a house in 87). We are not planning to do paid work as we will have rental income from property in the UK which should provide enough for our far from extravagant lifestyle!! 

Can anyone advise me which E form we will need for heath care initially and which heath care scheme we will need to join?  We will be making voluntary NI contributions to get our full pensions when 65.

Thanks

Tina

Sounds like you need an E106, like us. This gives you up to 2 years (depending on the time of year you move) cover before you have to start contributing to the French system.The Pensions Service will advise you - probably best to give them a ring on 0191 21 87547. Their postal address is The Pension Service,Tyneview Park,Medical Benefits, Newcastle upon Tyne. (They are part of the Department for Work and Pensions). They also have a number of helpful leaflets they will send you (free).

Don't rely too much on the full 2 years.When I applied, having been a fully paid up member it took 7 months to get the correct forms sent and returned and the E106 was for 5months!! From what I understand of the system here, the earlier/younger you join the cheaper the tariff. Once in, the service is first class and well worth taking up the 100% cover.

Regards.Nr.St.Malo.

Gastines, what do you mean.

You seem to be talking about taking on extra top up insurance for medical care. Getting 100% cover doesn't mean it would cover everything, in many cases that is not the case.  The tariffs increase over the years too.

The E forms have nothing to do with that and being in the system does not necessarily mean 100% cover either. And most people have to contribute to the health system when their E form runs out. The top up is quite optional, ofcourse.