Cotorep

anneb

What are you after?

I would have thought that your country of residence should cover your needs and there should be reciprocal arrangements for medical care when in another country.

If you are a french resident then you should ask your caisse de maladie and the cotorep, if a british resident then which ever authorities that deal with you.

Parking badges are valid in other european countries.

I am sure that it has been mentioned on here that parking badges can be used in other EU countries and I would hope that are tranferrable. I consider it rather important that they are. Also, getting such badges in France can be hard and a long drawn out process.

As The COTOREP is the Commission Technique d'Orientation et de Reclassement Professionnel, the aim of which is to integrate handicapped people into the workforce, it would seem to be  illogical to register unless you were seriously intending to find work in France.

I think I must have misunderstood what the Cotorep was. I thought it

was a kind of general package of help for disabled people, including

supported help to work for those disabled but still capable of work as

well help for those who cannot work at all.

What kind of help is available for disabled people in France who cannot work at all ?

If you are fiscally resident in France, then you can apply for RMI revenue minimum d'insertion, similar to income support, if you are on low or no income, also CMU to cover the shortfall in medical charges.  If you are disabled then it is likely that your medical charges will be covered 100%, for specific illness's.

Obtaining a parking badge for the car is a long drawn out process of forms and medical reports, speaking from personal experience. 

No, the RMI is not indefinate, it is reviewed every three months and is dependent on income.  A lot of the necessary forms regarding invalidity, pensions, supplementary pension payments etc. are available online, from the CPAM as I am sure you are aware.  As for "how does it all work"........ far be it from little ol' me to answer that question