Cancer support

Mops

My husband has recently been diagnosed with cancer.  Does anyone know of any support groups in south western France?  We are in the Dordogne but not too far away from southern Charente or western Gironde. 

Been there, done that, got the T shirt, GOT CURED. No, but seriously, try not to let it get you down. I am absolutely convinced that a positive attitude really helps. Mine started in the South Atlantic in early 1982 - caught off a penguin or a passing Argentinian I think - and later in the year diagnosis was confirmed and I was treated in UK. Your friends will avoid talking about it or will try and talk to family without you knowing. Things like "how is he coping", "what's the news etc." Sometimes difficult  but maintaining a sense of humour is important. I think being in the forces with a somewhat "black" humour helped. Treatment is a bit of a bind. Chemo and radio and all they entail  are not really fun but they are doing you good and my greying hair came back sans grey when it regrew! I was declared fully fit - subject to check ups in late 1983 and have had no problems since. PM or email if you think I may be of help.