when E 106 expires

seb47

When our E106s expire, my husband and I will still have a couple of years to go before receiving UK pension and are not working. What exactly will happen regarding CPAM? We will have our top up insurance (as now), but what about the percentage that CPAM are now reimbursing? Will we need to make contributions to the French system?

Thanks, Sue.

[quote user="seb47"]

When our E106s expire, my husband and I will still have a couple of years to go before receiving UK pension and are not working. What exactly will happen regarding CPAM? We will have our top up insurance (as now), but what about the percentage that CPAM are now reimbursing? Will we need to make contributions to the French system?

Thanks, Sue.

[/quote]Our own CPAM required a formal letter from the UK tax people saying that the E106 had expired before we joined the French system.  No probs getting it, it's a standard thing but you may need to nudge Newcastle.

Your CPAM will contact you a couple of months before your E106 expires and ask you if you intend to seek a renewal. As this will not be possible, you will need to re-register for CMU cover at your own cost.

Send your CPAM a copy of the original UK Pensions Service letter that came with your E106.  It states that "when the E106 certificate runs out you must make enquiries with the local sickness insurance office about the possibility of joining their sickness scheme".  CPAM will accept this as a "refusal" letter and send you a new registration questionnaire to fill out.  You send them a copy of your latest tax avis and they'll calculate your future contibutions on the basis of 8% of your revenue fiscal de reference over a 7,000 euro threshold. 

Your CPAM re-imbursements and top-up arrangements will remain the same as they are now.  Only difference is that until your receive your E121, you'll be paying your own contributions instead of them being paid by the DWP.  When you receive your E121, contact your CPAM and they'll re-assess you.

Sorry hope this isn't going to hijack this thread completely, it's sort of a similar situation.

We have been living here for a year now and had E106s to register with

CPAM last october, expiry dates of jan 2007.  However Newcastle

later also sent me (but not my husband) another E106 to Jan 2008 (which

I haven't sent on to CPAM) but I've been working in France now since

Feb ( just got a permanent contract in Aug), my husband doesn't

work.  I've rather been assuming that CPAM will know about my job

because I'm paying contributions etc through my SS number from my

salary, but is this in fact the case?  Do I need to specfically

tell them, and can my husband tag onto my contributions once his E106

runs out in Jan?

Thanks for any advice

Lou

Once you start working and making contributions in France then any E106 is automatically null and void. A non-working spouse can share the benefits of a working spouse, so your husband's E106 is also redundant now. Don't expect one caisse, or even another part of the same CPAM, to know what another is doing though.