Donating body for medical research.

Ian 56

I would like to give my body for medical research when the time comes, but of course I have to make the arrangements in advance and I have hopes that delivery will not be for some time!

Has anybody any experience of the procedure in France? I know British blood is not welcome but how about the whole package. I have been under the knife half a dozen times in the last 15 years so inevitably some bits are missing. Are they particular about this?

I have received quick, courteous and  excellent treatment here in Brittany and this could be some contribution to training doctors. I know that there is a shortage of donors in the UK.

ian

[quote user="red"]Sorry ,but you don't know that British blood is not welcome, maybe just yours .[/quote]

Red, broadly speaking, if you are British or have lived in the UK, you are not able to give blood in France.

There are specific residency questions to complete on the initial form, which exclude most Brits or people who have lived in the UK during a certain period.

I am not allowed to give blood in France because of it.

Thanks Clair that's a great help.

Red I do know that my blood is not required because I was in the UK in the period when Mad Cow Disease was prevalent. It seems to bar many of the people I know from bding donors.

ian