Social charges payable by landlord

salamander

Can someone please give a rough idea of the social charges payable by a french resident who is renting out an unfurnished property on a long term basis?  I'm sure I read about this on the forum some months (years?)ago but  now I need it, can't find any trace with the 'search' box.

[quote user="LyndaandRichard"]Is that 11% on what you receive, or what you actually make (after insurance, rates and other outgoings etc) are taken off?

[/quote]

depends whether you are on Micro-foncier or not...

If you are under €15000 you can be on Micro-foncier

The most important thing is to consult

a) a good French source, in this case for example: http://www.seloger.com/s_bas/206870/estext_actu.htm

where you will see that the charges are applied on the income received , but with  30% taken off across the board as a standard %

which means that it won't be 11% of income.

b) Don't listen to the 'man in the bar' that can be found on these sort of boards.

If you can't understand the French, ask someone who has been doing it for a few years.

a) a good French source, in this case for example: http://www.seloger.com/s_bas/206870/estext_actu.htm

An even better one is my own source - the French tax office.

The original query concerned social charges payable on rental income.  The key point is that social charges are applied at different rates dependent upon the source of the income, so in order to make the distinction, I quoted the rate for revenus fonciers, which is 11%.

LindanadRichard's supplementary question regarding the base upon which the 11% is charged has already been succinctly answered by ams.

You continue to insist that the outcome depends upon whether you are on a micro-foncier. There is no difference whether the income is declared under a micro-foncier with fixed allowances or declared under a regime of real costs. 

b) Don't listen to the 'man in the bar' that can be found on these sort of boards.

Is that the man who thinks the % depends on whether or not you are liable to pay taxes on your French income?  [8-)]