re one month caution

ams

Apparently the one month deposit has commenced. New  assurance policies such as "La garantie des loyers impayes" seem to be incorporating additional cover against damage caused by the tenant.

Looks like another cost to be taken by owners of property.

ams

Or in our case, non paying tenants owing 4,800€ to date, legal fees standing at 820€, non working tenants, well protected tenants. Still a little ray of sunshine this morning, we have received a letter by poste suivre to say that they are leaving our house at the end of february 2008 because of our constant requests for payment. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can it be true, will it be true has christmas come early. The wife has gone down to a neighbour to make sure of the translation.!!!

ams

[quote user="ams"]

Apparently the one month deposit has commenced. New  assurance policies such as "La garantie des loyers impayes" seem to be incorporating additional cover against damage caused by the tenant.

Looks like another cost to be taken by owners of property.

ams

[/quote]

I'm confused by this, what has changed exactly?

Ahh right OK, now that makes sense. 

I do actually have long term lets so I was wondering why the agency haven't mentioned it, having just checked the contracts mine are only asked for one month through the agency so it makes no difference to me.

Feel for you with the bad payers, I'm touching wood when I say so far so good on that front, just the odd blip which was covered by insurance.