Long Term Let in 47 or 82 Required

Pyewacket

Hi there, we are a retired couple with no children and one (house-trained and very friendly) dog currently renting in the 82 and will soon need to look for new premises to rent. We are looking for 3 bed house with secure garden in the country for 12 months. We would like to find somewhere preferrably in the 82 ('cos we've made lots of lovely friends) but are more than happy to meet lots of more friends from the 47. Hope someone can help.[:D]

Hello Pyewacket

can't help with your request but I saw the name come up and had to show you MY Pyewacket - my avatar, here on the left. (She's a Devon Rex and has now grown into her ears a bit more.) Great name!

Good luck with your search.

Fay

Oh I am sorry that your Pye is no longer with us. Mine sends you a big purr.

This is hijacking your post a bit Pyewacket, but since you're interested in such things, the name Pyewacket seems to stem from a wood engraving of Matthew Hopkins, the Witchfinder General, in which some poor old dear is naming her 'imps', one of whom is Pyewackett [with double t]. This convinced Hopkins she was a witch because names like that couldn't be thought of by any mortal!

Pyewacket is/was also, as mentioned, a band, a restaurant in Boston, a racehorse, a children's book, and Roy (brother of Walt) Disney's yacht!

And I love the film - found it on cheap dvd recently. Jack Lemmon is also excellent in it as Kim Novak's hep-cat warlock brother.

Thanks for the big purrrrrr.......definately need that sometimes.

I don't mind in the least you hijacking my post it was very interesting reading.....and I love that film too.

Although I haven't had any response on this forum re my quest for a long term let it has been very nice to read the posts received.

[:D]

• 2 weeks later...