JOINING THE SYSTEM

Newcomer

How do I  register with the local Doctor?  or do I have to take it to Cpam FIRST.  Different people have different views.  I need to go to the Doctor anyway so is this the best place to start?

Any idea how long it will take to get into the system.

Any advise would be helpful.

To register with a doctor you will need this form

www.mgen.fr/fileadmin/user_upload/documents/adherent/Formulairesetimprimes/ROetRC/Designationmedecintraitant.pdf

It requires your n° d'immatriculation which I believe only comes from registering your E121 with the CPAM.  But if you're visiting the doctor anyway, why not take along the form and see what he/she says?

For what it's worth, with our E106 we went to CPAM first and about a month later we received a temporary attestation which is what we used to register with the  doctor. Can't see why it should be radically different for the E121.

Actually I don't think you need anything to merely register with a doctor but of course, without affiliation to CMU, you'll have to pay the bills yourself although you should be able to claim back some or all of any payments you have made whilst waiting for your application to be processed and your number to come through.

Ernie is right.

If you need to see a doctor, just go and pay the €21 fee.

You'll be given a brown "refund" form which you can send off to the CPAM once you have your CV.

For prescription medicines, you used to have to stick the cost labels from the boxes onto the brown form to ensure a (partial) refund, but it's been so long since I've used these lables that I am not sure if this is still the case...

As we are nearly in 2009 please ensure the forms/prescritions etc have the correct year on them. 

I went to the doctor in the first week of a new year and he put the previous year on the form in error making it one year old.  CPAM refused to accept this, evan though the receipts for the medication was dated correctly.