Current daily "hotel" charge in French hospitals ?

Loiseau

[quote user="Loiseau"]

Can anyone tell me the amount payable each day in a French hospital to cover food and accommodation?   I believe it used to be 70 francs per day, but I am sure it is more in these euro-times.

Many thanks

Angela

[/quote]

Not a clue, but then again must be more now.

70  francs a day was before a lot of us came here[:)]

My Dad had a four day stay in hospital in Limoges earlier this year while he was visiting us, and the hospital said that his EHIC only covered 80% of the cost and that the remaining 20% amounted to just over 200 euros a day - sorry can't remember the exact amount.

Hope that helps.

Jan

À partir du 1er janvier 2007, le forfait hospitalier, fixé par arrêté ministériel, passe à :

• 16 euros par jour en hôpital ou en clinique ;

• 12 euros par jour dans le service psychiatrique d'un établissement de santé.

Except for a few exceptions (pregnancy, etc) the forfait is not reimbursable by the state and is down to you (or your mutuelle).

I have been paying €16 per day forfait journalier but more often than not it has not been invoiced, also some instances I have been invoiced and paid only to find that the CPAM have also reimbursed the hospital. We joked about whether I looked pregnant!

Most of my operations have been 100% prise en charge except one (which was identical to a previous 100% one) where the surgeon (not my usual one) coded it as 80% and she wont accept that she has made an error.

I have also sometimes but not always paid the first €18 of each surgical procedure and always paid 20% of all out-patient procedures and examinations.

All in all a bit of a lottery in which the patient usually comes out ahead of the game.

Hospital accommodation not generally reimbursable.

I paid about 100€ a night for a couple of nights in a very nice private clinic for a single room with cable TV, telephone and meals included.  Good view over park.  Nurses prone to burst into the toilet as you're having a pee.  Otherwise no complaints.

70 francs sounds like a good deal.

[quote user="Patf"]

Surely 100€ a night must include treatment too?

In Auch hospital the charge in 2006 was 15€ per night for a shared room and 19€ for a single room. Plus phone and TV, if you wanted them.

[/quote]

100€ a night is not that unusual for private clinic if you go for all the bells and whistles.  Cable TV, telephone charges, three meals a day and room service included.  The basic room was about 55€ for a single.  Electric beds (in case you wanted to electrocute yourself), lake view etc.

[quote user="cassis"]100€ a night is not that unusual for private clinic if you go for all the bells and whistles.  Cable TV, telephone charges, three meals a day and room service included.  The basic room was about 55€ for a single.  Electric beds (in case you wanted to electrocute yourself), lake view etc. [/quote]

Not to mention the exploding nurses [:D]

[quote user="cassis"]Nurses prone to burst...
[/quote]

Nah, not from Smudger.  A monkey post is one of those metal thingies that comes up the back of the bedhead and bends over your pillow.  There is a strong chain attached to the end of the bend with a horizontal bar across to enable patients to pull on it and sit themselves up in bed, etc.

Should be good fun but I think you'd have to wait till the medical bods are out of the room as I think they'll regard any unnecessary swinging on it as equivalent to riding supermarket trolleys as scooters (which I do when no one's looking). 

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Nah, not from Smudger.  A monkey post is one of those metal thingies that comes up the back of the bedhead and bends over your pillow.  There is a strong chain attached to the end of the bend with a horizontal bar across to enable patients to pull on it and sit themselves up in bed, etc.

Should be good fun but I think you'd have to wait till the medical bods are out of the room as I think they'll regard any unnecessary swinging on it as equivalent to riding supermarket trolleys as scooters (which I do when no one's looking). 

[/quote]

I have seen you doing it.[:P]