Feuille de soins

Doodle

Help needed please to a number of questions.

I made a visit to the doctor who brought up my details on his pc but I forgot to give him my carte vitale (i'm on an E106 at the moment) and he was obviously too polite to mention payment.

I attended the hospital in mayenne for treatment and a week later received a bill from the laboratoire pathologie for the tests which I returned with copies of my CV doc and top up insurance docs which they asked for but returned with a very polite letter saying I must send a cheque for payment which I did. I have now received a feuille de soins for the amount I sent less a couple of euros. The top bit of the form is typed up with my name address and dob.

My question is what do I do now with it? Can I claim this amount or some of it back?

Do I just write in my immatriculation number and not the code de l'organisme de rattachement etc? and where do i send it or can i take it in directly to my local CPAM office?

the next question is what about paying my doctor do i return with apologies or does he receive payment via another route?

thank, KG

You fill in your name and address details (if not already pre-printed) and your social security number. As you are affiliated to CPAM you can either send it to the departmental head office or take it in to a local office, most have boxes where you just post them. If you had a prescription for the tests, then attach a copy of that; not all CPAMs seem to want it but many do. It's always safest to take a copy of any documents before sending them. What follows varies a bit, but you will then get a refund to your nominated bank account, and (probably) your top up provider will be notified, just as would happen if using the carte vitale.

I am sure the doctor was forgetful rather than polite, you will probably be asked for payment next time you visit, or may even be sent a bill.

If you send your RIB (bank ID code) then the X% (% depends on the treatment/prescription) is automatically paid into your bank account within five days. Similarly, if you have a mutuelle or complimentaire set up with an RIB, they pay their bit within a few days. Sometimes I get a feuille de soins from the practitioner, to complete then drop off at the CPAM office, and sometimes not, as it is done automatically by swiping the Carte Vitale.