Cost of joining healthcare system??

jehe

We have a couple of friends moving over later this year who have a UK business but will be residing full time in France. They were wondering what the cost of joining the French healthcare system would be and I thought the forum may be a good starting point. They are a married couple of 61yrs and 54yrs and in good (as far as I know) health. Thanks.

For us with Radiance about 1200e.p.a. Credit Agricole with whom we have house and car insurance quoted us nearly double. WE are now on E121's but this doesn't seem to make any difference to your top-up cover. Many variations available,70%-200%. Etc.etc. Very easy to get a quote and unlike UK private cover, they cover you.

jehe, you have an address in the Indre and you don't understand the French system?

This has been done to death in here.  If they are retiring they need to get the appropriate E forms, if they're not retiring and are continuing to work, they need to get the appropriate E forms, if they're sick and can no longer work, they need to get the appropriate E forms.  You cannot pay to join the French healthcare system, you join through the appropriate E forms and then pay insurance premiums for the top up, the bit between state payments (Uk subvention) and the actual costs.

If they are not entitled to any E forms then they cannot join the French healthcare system unless they register a business in France etc etc and then they may be allowed to stay.  You cannot just come to France, pay CPAM and then stay here.

Tony, yes I do live in the Indre and have a business and pays my cotisations, etc and have a carte vitale however, I have not had the need to learn the ins and outs of the French system as it applies to people with different circumstances to mine. I thank you for taking the trouble to offer useful information.