Methods of paying CMU contribitions (cotisations) through the URSSAF

under the sun

Hi Everyone

Just joined the forum. I was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to pay the CMU contributions (cotisations) to the URSSAF other than by quarterly cheques? My wife and I are not employed and are not of UK state pension age but have been accepted into the CMU-B (now that our E106's ran out in Jan'09). I found a form on the URSSAF web site which appeared to be to request a password to have access to their site to view payments and make payments but after a visit to our local URSSAF ( Villefranche-sur-Saône) they told me that this is only available to businesses. Seems strange as with all other payments I make (e..g taxes, utilities) I can do its on-line except for this single one. Has anyone else got a different experience?

Rgds Mike

I asked them if I could pay by direct debit a couple of years ago and they said no. Then I tried again more recently and initially they said yes but they then came back to me and said no.

The reason I wanted to do this, apart from convenience, was once having sent my cheque off well before the payment date, it was delayed somewhere and was only cleared with 2 or 3 days to spare. (They normally bank it on the day of receipt).

An option which is open to you is to do a direct transfer to your URSSAF's account, if you have internet banking.  This is what I do and it saves the worry about non-arrival of cheques.  But you still have to do it manually every quarter (or I guess you could set it up as a regular payment off your own bat...)