Injury to non-resident

le rouge

Whilst at our second home in France recently my wife was unfortunate to have an accident in the garden which required medical attention, including stitches.

The doctor filled in the 'feuille de soins' as did the pharmacy and I have attached the bar codes to the sheets.

My question is what do I do now? Where do they have to be sent to or taken to? I am not too bothered about the reimbursement of the cost but would like to be 'au fait' with the procedure just in case something like this happens again, especially if it was more serious and therefore more costly.

[quote]How to claim refunds

Reimbursements are claimed from the local CPAM office (Caisse Primaire D‘Assurance Maladie) in France.

You will need to provide the treatment form (feuille de soins), copies of receipts and prescriptions, a copy of your EHIC, your address of residence and your bank details, including IBAN and BIC. Confirmation of your refund

will be sent to your home address. 

If you have had to pay for the cost of your care and have been

unable to claim a refund during your stay in France you should

contact the Overseas Healthcare Team (Newcastle) on 0191 218 1999

(Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm) on your return to the UK. However, this

process will take longer than claiming for a refund in France.

source[/quote]

My tip: make a couple of photocopies of the feuille de soins before sending it to your CPAM.

[quote user="le rouge"]

Now I have to find a photocopier. I am having apero up the road tonight with some French neighbours so I hope they know. Probably the Library or Post Office?

[/quote]

Someone's computer with a scanner or your local supermarket.