EHIC French version

Frank

The EHIC isn't just for emergency treatment.  It covers any medical treatment that becomes necessary during a visit to the UK because of either illness or an accident.

So when my piles flare up next time I'm over there, although it won't be an emergency, I'll expect to get the same full gamut of NHS treatment as any other UK sufferer....[;-)]

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]The EHIC isn't just for emergency treatment.  It covers any medical treatment that becomes necessary during a visit to the UK because of either illness or an accident.[/quote]Quite, bordering on semantics though as it's still less than a UK resident would be entitled to, hence the discrimination (or difference if that is too hard a word) in range and scope between a resident and an EHIC holder [;-)]

A UK resident is entitled to any medical treatment that becomes necessary because of either illness or an accident.

An EHIC holder is entitled to any medical treatment that becomes necessary because of either illness or an accident.

Where is the discrimination in range and scope between the two?