LONG TERM LETTING

rockstitch

Hi, We are moving to France at the beginning of May next year and are planning to rent long term or until our house in the UK is sold. I have tried lots of different web sites on the internet, but most are for holiday lets, I do know that rentals in France are let furnished to be legal. We do have our own furniture but if we could find a place large enough or a barn to store our furniture that would be ideal. Can anyone give me the web address of a long term rental in the area 24 possibly near Domme, Gourdon or Sarlat.

Thank you Susan (rockstitch)

[quote user="rockstitch"]

I do know that rentals in France are let furnished to be legal... We do have our own furniture [/quote]

I don't understand your post ...  we rent our home in France and it is a normal rental property ie an empty house. We have rented for more than 3 years and live in a comfortable 3 bedroomed house where we have all our own furniture. Is this what you are seeking?

Sue [8-)]

HI SUE, I DID READ THAT IF YOU RENT AN UNFURNISHED PROPERTY THERE IS A MIN OF 3 YEARS RENTAL. IF YOU RENT A FURNISHED PROPERTY IT DOES NOT HAVE A SPECIFICED RENTAL LENGTH. IF YOU GO ONTO FRENCHLOCATIONS.CO.UK, IT WILL GIVE YOU SOME MORE INFORMATION ON THIS.

ROCKSTITCH

[quote user="rockstitch"]

HI SUE, I DID READ THAT IF YOU RENT AN UNFURNISHED PROPERTY THERE IS A MIN OF 3 YEARS RENTAL. [/quote]

In that the normal rental contact for an unfurnished property is of 3 years duration - and is then renewable until 9 years has elapsed - then you are right. But, as a tenant, you have the right to terminate the agreement, at any time, simply by giving 3 months notice of your intention.

The following site is a tenant's guide.

http://www.anil.org/guide/locatif/fin.htm#A

Sue