Panoramic dental Xray

nectarine

Mr. Nectarine is planning to have a lot of dental work done in Poland (yes we have researched it well and got recommendations!). But, in advance, the clinic has asked that we get a panoramic dental Xray so they can examine what needs to be done.

they say this can only usually be done at a hospital which would have the equipment, Therefore, my question is: to get a private Xray done, should I approach the hospital directly ... I'm not sure how this works as usually Xrays are done by recommendations from a doctor. Or should I go to the doctor and ask for a note?

I just need to work through the mechanics of how this would be done. Naturally it isn't on our carte vitale - we would pay directly since it isn't related to his health but is 'cosmetic'.

But all advice appreciated.

[quote user="nectarine"]... the clinic has asked that we get a panoramic dental Xray so they can examine what needs to be done. They say this can only usually be done at a hospital ... [/quote]

During my latest dental check-up my new Dentist said she thought I might need some tricky extractions (wisdom teeth etc) so she took a panoramic x-ray there and then, using their new equipment, so she could send it on to the Dental Surgeon who will do the work. All this was reimbursed by the Secu as normal.

Our practice has recently grown from 3 to 5 Dentists and they have upgraded the surgery as a consequence with all the latest gear, including an extraction suite (not for me alas) onsite. So it might be worth looking into this in your locality.

Sue

Edit Although my panoramic x-ray was done because of necessity my Dentist did say they now do this automatically anyway with any new patient as it helps them see the progress of any dental decline over the years.