Receipt of S1 (E121) of my own this year

minnie

Can someone refresh my memory on this please. I am due to pick up my state pension this summer and have just received my own S1 from Newcastle. Currently I am added to my other half's S1. The form they have sent is in two copies both English. My recollection is that when I registered OH's S1 at CPAM Newcastle had also given me a copy of this in French. Am I right in thinking this. I foresee problems just taking the 2 copies of the English version to CPAM. I imagine they might ask for a translation. Has anyone recently received S1 only in English? Thanks in anticipation.

As minnie said, they send two copies, so only one goes to the cpam and then they  register it, stamp and sign it and send it back to the UK.

edit : 

when France sent us ours, they were clear that only one went to Newcastle. Newcastle has now sent three copies of this back to France, as Tours doesn't seem to be able to look after these copies. Why would you have to give both copies to the CPAM. If I had to I would certainly keep a copy at home.

I'm in precisely the same situation as Minnie.  Yes, they did used to send a French version as well (or if you asked for it), but the details on the new S1 form are hardly difficult to assimilate by CPAM ([blink]). 

My only concern is whether, since I now become a proper person in my own right rather than a dependent of Mrs G, they'll want to 'confiscate' both of our Carte Vitales and start all over again!  You'd think that this new piece of paper will simply supercede my existing dependent E121 and we just carry on dancing.  That sounds insufficiently bureaucratic though, wouldn't you say?  And yes, I could just drop in to the local CPAM and ask them, but they won't have a clue. Does anybody know?

[quote user="Chiefluvvie"]minnie - just give the CPAM both copies of the S1 - it's only ever issued in English by the UK. They will not need a translation - it's a standard EU form. Take a copy for yourself - just in case....

Chiefluvvie[/quote]

I hope that's the way it works with the S1.

But when I went to try to get a French driving licence, they said they wanted an official translation of my English one (and I mean the little plastic photo-card, not the big paper attachment). This is also a standard EU form, with the EU logo on it.

[quote user="Gardian"]

I'm in precisely the same situation as Minnie.  Yes, they did used to send a French version as well (or if you asked for it), but the details on the new S1 form are hardly difficult to assimilate by CPAM ([blink]). 

My only concern is whether, since I now become a proper person in my own right rather than a dependent of Mrs G, they'll want to 'confiscate' both of our Carte Vitales and start all over again!  You'd think that this new piece of paper will simply supercede my existing dependent E121 and we just carry on dancing.  That sounds insufficiently bureaucratic though, wouldn't you say?  And yes, I could just drop in to the local CPAM and ask them, but they won't have a clue. Does anybody know?

[/quote]

Gardian - when one of your partner / spouse 'branches off' and is entitled to a card / cover in their own right then both cards will be reissued under your separate social security numbers. The CPAM effectively create 2 separate accounts. It's pretty straightforward though - no big deal. My own CPAM we're fully up to speed with this procedure although I appreciate this varies from region to region!

In fact it's much better to have individual cover under your own social security number if you can arrange it that way - much easier to sort things out if one of you kicks the bucket! There are terrible examples of surviving spouses no longer receiving automatic cover following their spouse's departure. Bit of a minefield.....

Chiefluvvie

Yes, that's rather what I suspected / feared.

The problem is the removal of CV's and / or freezing of existing 'accounts'. When there's quite expensive medication to be got from the pharmacie every four weeks, then any hiccup is a potential nightmare.

Oh well, onwards and upwards.[:'(]