Advise on E104

Aly

Took us a couple or three months to get an E106 and then 15 months to get an E121.

It will depend on whether the fonctionnaires you are in touch with actually do their job with some speed, or not. The CEAM's took well over a year too and they are only valid for a year[:-))]

I wish you the very very best of luck.

Took us almost 3 weeks to get an E106, 2 weeks to get an E121 (S1) and 10 days for a CEAM (valid for 5 years), although we had an attestation within 3 days. Some people's information is so out of date it's not worth them posting .

How long has it been? I would think if you have not had a response within 10 days it is time to get in touch and find out what is going on.

Sid, french CEAM's are usually only valid for a year. I have yet to have one that is valid for longer.

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/F213.xhtml

If your Caisse is issueing them for longer, then good for you. I'd personally say nothing.

edit, Sid do you have a french CEAM or an EHIC? UK pensioners with E121(S1's) have to apply for UK EHICs these days.

edit again. Maybe E106 people have to have EHICs too. They are better as they are for longer periods.

[quote user="Jay"]Took us almost 3 weeks to get an E106, 2 weeks to get an E121 (S1) and 10 days for a CEAM (valid for 5 years), although we had an attestation within 3 days. Some people's information is so out of date it's not worth them posting .

How long has it been? I would think if you have not had a response within 10 days it is time to get in touch and find out what is going on.[/quote]

This is from the current Amelia website.

La carte européenne d'assurance maladie

Au

moins 15 jours avant votre départ, demandez votre carte européenne

d'assurance maladie (CEAM) à votre caisse d'Assurance Maladie.

La

CEAM est valable un an
. Elle est individuelle et nominative. Chaque

membre de votre famille doit avoir la sienne, y compris les enfants de

moins de 16 ans. Aucun document n'est à fournir lors de votre demande.

[quote user="Aly"]Does anyone know how long it takes to receive an  E104 from French providers

[/quote]

It seems you may need to complete another form first "CA3916 - Information we need to issue a statement of National Insurance contributions

We'll send you a CA3916 request form if we need some additional information from you. You may get one if you've requested a U1, E104 or E301 certificate." Maybe same here.

That's from the HMRC website http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kb5/hmrc/forms/results.page?qt=E104

[quote user="derf"][quote user="Jay"]Took us almost 3 weeks to get an E106, 2 weeks to get an E121 (S1) and 10 days for a CEAM (valid for 5 years), although we had an attestation within 3 days. Some people's information is so out of date it's not worth them posting .

How long has it been? I would think if you have not had a response within 10 days it is time to get in touch and find out what is going on.[/quote]

This is from the current Amelia website.

La carte européenne d'assurance maladie

Au

moins 15 jours avant votre départ, demandez votre carte européenne

d'assurance maladie (CEAM) à votre caisse d'Assurance Maladie.

La

CEAM est valable un an
. Elle est individuelle et nominative. Chaque

membre de votre famille doit avoir la sienne, y compris les enfants de

moins de 16 ans. Aucun document n'est à fournir lors de votre demande.

[/quote]

You are indeed correct, we have been issued with a (5 year) EHIC card. When we had a CEAM we were issued with an attestation within days and a card was issued no longer that 10 days later. Seems pointless issuing a card when it has already expired wouldn't you say?