Interesting...a new challenge against RSI extortion?

YCCMB

http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/Toute-zone/Actualite/Economie-social/n/Contenus/Articles/2015/01/03/Ils-ont-choisi-de-quitter-la-Securite-sociale-2172634

Most interesting...these people have chosen an English insurer to cover their family...

However

"Contactés, la Sécurité sociale et le RSI « rappellent l'obligation d'affiliation à la Sécurité sociale pour toutes les personnes travaillant en France ». Ces

organismes expliquent que l'arrêté de la Cour de justice de l'Union

européenne du 3 octobre 2013 porte sur les pratiques commerciales des

entreprises. « Les activités de la Sécurité sociale n'étant pas de

nature économique mais sociale, elles ne sont pas soumises au droit

européen de la concurrence
affirme, dans un communiqué, la Sécurité sociale.

De

son côté, le RSI rappelle les sanctions pouvant être prises contre les

personnes cessant de cotiser : elles peuvent aller jusqu'à deux ans

d'emprisonnement et 30.000 € d'amende.

Is it possible not to pay NI contributions in the UK?   A genuine question since I always did but that was years ago..

I think, Norman, that the whole "free at the point of delivery" thingy may be the difference.. That, and the issue of the umptyteen regimes in France. If there's no "concurrence" , why exactly does every profession need a different one?

That is a good question to which I don't know the answer. (Presumably either of us could find out, but is life that long?)

On the other hand there is no 'concurrence' between the régimes. You are stuck in the one that applies to your profession.

I had 3 different ones at different times...

One thing that seems very unfair from the outside is the way small business people (shopkeepers, restauranteurs etc) are so badly treated in terms of what they get back if they are ill, or in retirement, in comparison to employees.

The smart move is to start a business that employs you so you get the social cover of an employee, but this is very expensive to do apparently.

A recent legal ruling delighted friends of mine but I can't see it being left at that:

http://www.info-contre-info.fr/societe/un-tribunal-condamne-rsi-rsi-na-droit-denvoyer-de-faire-mises-demeure-1147829049406

I saw something on french news about this ........ months ago, certainly not in the last few weeks.

Cannot remember what was said, but I daresay that the terrible URSSAF will be getting their knickers in a twist about it.

I think they are aware that its an illegal monopolistic cartel certainly in terms of European law, enough people have already said "up yours I am not paying any more!", you can be sure that were it possible they would have been prosecuted and hung out to dry in a very public manner as enemies of the state, but its not, they are clearly within their rights.

In the meantime the meaningless spineless scare tactics of the government, the lies that if you dare do this you will be prosecuted for €30K euros is enough to ensure compliance of 99.999999999% of the god fearing sheep like French.

I have doubts about this story, it doesn't add up to me..

"Aujourd'hui, il cotise 12.000 € par an pour lui, sa femme et ses deux enfants."

"En quittant le RSI, le couple estime avoir fait 30.000 € d'économie par an."

Logically, that suggests they must have been paying cotisations of over 42.000€ a year.

They don't look like high earners do they.

But that's the whole shambolic point...you don't NEED to be a high earner. RSI tend to calculate what they think you might make in terms of turnover, however tenuous the link with reality, and then charge you accordingly. They may be miles off he mark, but you will be expected to pay first, and contest later.

Have a look at some Iof the forums and protest groups set up to try and challenge the RSI arnaques.and you will soon see just how many people are adversely affected to the point of virtual, or even actual bankruptcy by RSI.