Satelite connection

>I am sure this has been mentioned before

You're dead right - it has - many times!

When new to forums such as this it is always recommended that potential users should 'hang around' for a while, just to get the 'feel' of the place. On most forums there are facilities for users to look back through postings, or of course they can use the search facilities likewise provided.

Regulars get fed up with answering identical quiries over and over again.

On the other hand someone could suggest a search through the archive topics or maybe tracking down satcure? or that in most of France you are looking at about 2-3 deg E of S or at about 22-23 deg of elevation or would that be too simple? or am I remembering it all wrong?

Tieman

Knowledge is like money, it works best when it's spread around

[quote]I am sure this has been mentioned before but we have recently moved to the Creuse and to prevent matrimony heartache what direction should we point the sky dish ?? Many thanks Adrienne and Frank[/quote]

Set the elevation to 31 degrees and the compass bearing to 144 degrees.

[quote]>I am sure this has been mentioned beforeYou're dead right - it has - many times!When new to forums such as this it is always recommended that potential users should 'hang around' for a while, just to...[/quote]

When new to forums such as this it is always recommended that potential users should 'hang around' for a while, just to get the 'feel' of the place. On most forums there are facilities for users to look back through postings, or of course they can use the search facilities likewise provided.

What a snotty little reply this is . It seems to me hat there is a lot of truth in the saying "if you have nothing to say then say nothing"

Regards Colin

If you look in the FAQs (first section on the forum index page) you should find all the relevant information distilled from the archives of the old forum under the Computer, Internet TV etc FAQs. As Gay says, the search facility on this forum is troublesome at the moment, and anyway it only brings up active topics which were moved from the old forum, not the archive which could not be migrated.

Well - that's a nice welcome I must say!!    Newbies, take no notice, this is not typical of the kind of folks you find on LF. Most try to be pleasant and helpful.  Hope you have found what you want on your sat. dish.  

[quote]You're dead right - it has - many times! When new to forums such as this it is always recommended that potential users should 'hang around' for a while, just to get the 'feel' of the place. On most f...[/quote]

Imagine a doctor with the same attitude...cancer, bloody hell man, have you not read the newspaper's, seen T.V. in the last year.Don't bother me.......than why spend time say search when i'm sure less typing would be involved giving an answer??????