We have had an invitation to visit a demonstration of ADSL in Chaunay, what I would like to know is has anyone started using France Telecom ADSL and if so how is it? Also how can I test my phone line for suitability

Any advice will be much appreciated

Chris

[quote]We have had an invitation to visit a demonstration of ADSL in Chaunay, what I would like to know is has anyone started using France Telecom ADSL and if so how is it? Also how can I test my phone line ...[/quote]

Dear Chris,

We have had France Telecom/Wanadoo ADSL for two months without any problems.

You can ring your local FT office and check the suitability of your existing line. To set up the ADSL facilty only takes a couple of days to activate.

We then went to our local FT office and purchased an Wanadoo/Inventel WiFi modem/router. This is now connected to our main PC via a wireless link with two other PC's via ethernet cable.

Overall the performance has been superb and we can now have three PC's on-line at the same time, whilst being able to use the fax and listen to Radio 4 live!

If you go for the Wanadoo/Inventel WiFi box option there is a problem with the installation CD if you choose the USB connection option. The Wanadoo ADSL support line will talk you through the solution.

Kind regards,

Bob Clarke

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/grindoux