TV / Telephone sockets - obilgatory?

We are currently in the middle of our renovation project, converting our farm for gites...

Our electrician has informed us that we must include TV and Telephone sockets within the electrical installation.. he said its a new reg since 2003... is this true? at over 1000euro for the 3 gites it wasnt something we were expecting to have to do...

Anyone have any info on this? have searched EDf online and have contacted them, but no response as yet...

Any help appreciated.

[quote]We are currently in the middle of our renovation project, converting our farm for gites... Our electrician has informed us that we must include TV and Telephone sockets within the electrical installa...[/quote]

If the cost of a €1000 for re-wiring three gites includes the cost of TV/Telecom outlets. I don't really see what the "beef" is. I would have thought it was much neater and better to get all the outlets down at the same time.

It's so heartbreaking to have to spend money to earn money, isn't it. 

The "beef" would be that the overall quote for elec/plumb was 51,000 euro !!!

So to save the 1,000euro and get it down to a nice round 50,000euro would be great!!

I just floated off then for a moment dreaming what it would be like for the whole thing to cost 1000euro............ aahhh..... that happy place.....

[quote]I believe he is correct telephone sockets in each principal room and in the kitchen TV socket in the sejour at least that is what it says in my book.[/quote]

Please can you advice book, chapter and verse on this. We had our landline connected in July and French Independent contractor was surprised I had wired in two upstairs telephone sockets. Demands on the Consuel keep increasing but this is a new one on me and was not reflected in ‘pret a porte/turn key’ exhibition of properties which I went to in Bordeaux in August.

Anton Redman ( currently signed is a Isabel as new software has got the better of me )

Thanks they advise a 'phone socket in each main room and the kitchen and recomment that the living room socker is placed close to the TV socket. The also say a 'T' piece is acceptable for the interim period.

I will add it to the list of things to remember to do. The CONSUEL is liely to more help than EDF.

Anton Redman ( still suferring from gender realignment)