Caller Identification on ISDN

The best Internet Connection I can get is bonded ISDN which some years ago I had to put up with in the UK. Having converted from an anologue phone line to ISDN I now find that CLI or Caller ID or Caller Display does not work.

After placing the order on the English Speaking help desk 10 days ago I have made 8 phone calls to find out why it is not working within the 24 hours promised.

On their advice I even bought a new phone.

I am now told that Caller ID is not available on ISDN lines.

Has anyone else any experience on this.

CHRIS

If memory serves me correctly, CLIP/R can be available on French ISDN, but is a supplementary service.  You may find your provider doesn't offer the service at all or you have to pay extra.  Don't take this as gospel as it's a long time since I looked at this.

Simon

It depends entirely on the equipment you are using and the type of ISDN service you have. Anyone with Itoo and a regular analogue phone in the analogue Itoo port will get CLID presentation free of charge and automatically. It's part of the deal.

Anyone with an accès isolé de base (Duo) and an ISDN autocom (switchboard) will need to examine the equipment manual for the specific details.