no reception on itv/channel 4 /5---why?

today bbc1/2 was o.k. but it said insert your sky viewing card when i switched to the other 3 ststions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I paid £28.50 december 2003 and was told this would give me 2 years min. viewing of the other channels after sky fell out with bbc last year.

Has anyone else same problem or no the solution.I have tried re-inserting card .

Hi ab,

I have the same card, it seems that if the card is used in England there is no ITV channels at all. However, I used the card in France ( only temporary testing ) and managed to receive all channels, including the ITV channels.

I contacted Sky and they confirmed the ITV channels are no longer available on this £28.50 card ( which I thought was a bit off ) they then suggested I bought their basic package!

Yours Ray

>it said insert your sky viewing card

Either you have put the card in the wrong slot or you have put it in the wrong way around or the card reader in the box is broken.

It has nothing to do with the card as such and ALL cards with the yellow house symbol still work perfectly.

[quote]card in and i still get bbc 1 +2 but no itv or channel4+5.why?perhaps someone is trying to educate me from some of the junknon commercial programmes.[/quote]

Hi again ab,

Just a quick reminder not to confuse the cards,

The normal Sky card Marzan mentioned ,works OK.

The £28.50 ( Free to Air ) card issued on a special offer by

the BBC is the problem. ie all ITV channels are nolonger available in the UK.

Yours   Ray

[quote]yesterday found itv channels o.k. and i did not touch a thing. i looked day before and their was no viewing card number on system details but myteriously their is today. puzzled but happy .thanks.[/quote]

All of which makes it sound as if the card reader in your box is not making a good contact with the chip on the card.

Do not confuse yourself with the BBC channels: they are free-to-air and will be received quite happily if you don't have a card in the box at all, so they are no guide to the health or otherwise of your card/card reader.

paul