Re: AOL UK account

I am able to use my UK aol account ( dial up ) in France at no extra cost. If I upgrade to aol broadband gold with cable (ntl) here in UK will I still be able to connect in France with a standard telephone line connection?

Aol help has said yes and another time not sure and then sent me something off the subject.

I understand from other forum members that this is not the case for all France. I am in the north, Somme area. All I do is choose to change numbers, change the country to France and choose offres tout compris.

This will only work if you have the unlimited subscription in UK of course.

Sorry to be a little slow about this. If I take my laptop (dial up and unlimited account) to Normandy what do I need to do to set up? Should I reset in the UK for France? Is it free fone number still?

Thanks,

Jon

You choose sign up options. Then add numbers. You can then select another country, choose France.

Then the numbers come up, offres tout compris 0860 880310, choose this and sign on.

There is also a GSM number and a number which will cost the price of a local call,

access local France 0860 007310. I used this before I realised I could use the tout compris number.

Good luck, no one at AOL told me about this. I was about to sign up to Tiscali.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote]I am able to use my UK aol account ( dial up ) in France at no extra cost. If I upgrade to aol broadband gold with cable (ntl) here in UK will I still be able to connect in France with a standard tele...[/quote]

You will still be able to connect but you may need to select acces local instead of offres tout compris.

Even if you do select offres tout compris and manage to connect then you may find that you are charged a supplement.

[quote]I am able to use my UK aol account ( dial up ) in France at no extra cost. If I upgrade to aol broadband gold with cable (ntl) here in UK will I still be able to connect in France with a standard tele...[/quote]

I was told by AOL that I would not be able to use my UK account in France without paying a supplement.  I then went and set up a French AOL account (they don't have an unlimited tarriff which is a bit of a bummer) only to find I can use my UK account with the French tout compris number with no extra to pay!

As it happens, it's worked out okay as hubby can use the AOL UK unlimited account for work and I can use my French account to surf to my heart's content at the same time.