Done It! Got rid of Espace Wanadoo Kit!!

Hi from Redcap!

Yes, I finally did it, I managed to kick the wanadoo software off of my laptop!!

Thanks to all who shared ideas, in the end I unistalled Wanadoo but that still left stuff in the start menu, and also my e-mails and address book were still missing.  So I did a 'system restore' back to last month (this is something that Win XP has that allows you to 'go back in time', to a previous date before a certain piece of software was installed, in my case Wanadoo).

I then  installed the Sagem modem drivers, by going into the folder on the setup disc supplied by Wanadoo, and then manually set up a new connection and bingo, it works!  Got all my e-mails back and some that were sent to my other address that OExpress now retrieves.

One thing slightly worries me though, how can I be sure that I am connected to Wanadoo B/Band, and not dial up.  Although the connection icon shows 'connected at 655.2Kbps, so I suppose that must be B/Band?

Just thought I'd share my good news!  Thanks again to those that offered advice.

Regards,

Bob

Thanks Mazan, I've been playing around connecting & disconnecting,sending of test e-mails to each of our mail accounts, all seems to be OK.  It does seem that I may have been blaming Wanadoo for my system crashes, when it appears to be something else causing the conflict.  I've recently installed Skype, so I'll check that out as a possible culprit! Hope not as so far Skype has proved very good.

Regards,

Bob

There is a UK site that can speed test your ADSL (probably some in France but I don’t know of them). It seems to work fine if you are in France – after the test just click the “I’m not in the UK” button and you get the results. It should give you an indication of what throughput (in both directions) you are achieving. Site is http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp (sorry, you’ll have to cut and paste the link).

Sorry, I had loads of:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown.]

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

------------------------------------------

I though the problems with this forum were meant to have been sorted !

I'll delete some of them out (if it will let me).