Wanadoo Livebox and Ipaq connection by WiFi

Has anyone had any experience of trying to get an Ipaq to connect by WiFi to a Wanadoo livebox?

We just cannot get the Ipaq to 'see' the router no matter what we try, and before we start shouting at the supplier we need to be sure that the device will connect to the router and that there is not a compatability issue with the livebox.

Any help much appreciated

I have used my iPAQ with a SanDisk Wi-Fi SD card, had to upgrade the iPAQ to recognise the card and it works, albeit slowly. Have you set up WEP? Try setting up your system with security disabled, then if it goes, add on the security settings. The main problem I have is that I bought a Wi-Fi card with 256MB of memory on it and this is not recognised by the iPAQ.

MikeW

The Livebox, like all proprietary wifi modems, is pretty dire and isn't something I would use unless I had to. Still, you've got one and good luck to you.

You should connect to the Livebox using a network cable for the initial setup before trying to use the wifi. This will always work first time.
In order: shut down the livebox, shut down the computer, make the network connection, restart the livebox (let it start fully), only then restart the computer.
In theory you can also do the initial setup via the USB connection but I wouldn't.

You may well find that once connected via ethernet you need only change the default wifi channel to get a wireless connection. Try channel 13. It usually works when 11 doesn't.