Multiple reception satellite dish

Has anyone fitted a multiple reception dish in order to get the BBC free-to-air channels from Astra 2D as well as French channels from TPS (Hot Bird). I do not want the complications of a motorised dish and a dish with two heads would seem to be good solution. I understand that Visiostat make one.

ian

Hotbird (TPS) and Astra2 (Sky) aren't too far apart for one dish though AB3 (free analogue French channels) and Astra2 are too far apart.

You don't need a special dish though you can use one if you like. A regular 80cm dish with a suitable double LNB bracket will work as well. They are tricky to align properly though.

I would use two dishes or a motor.

The was a dish and arm to hold the lnbs which claimed to have the required spread in an advertising flyer form the local 'Pro & Cie' outletin spring 2004.   I spoke to the shop owner about them and at that time he had not installed one.  When I was researching SKY in France ( about 6 years ago) somebody had proved it could be done in the Midlands or North of UK. Satcure ?

We be interested to hear how it works out if you go this route as I had compromised on two dishes for my next set up.

I now have more details from our local installer who has successfully fitted  the Visiostat  dish. Models are available that will receive from 3 satellites – for example Astra (28,2° E), Astra (19,2° E) and Hot Bird.. I am considering the 2 satellite option which costs about 180 €. It is possible to use a single cable from the dish using some splitter device which adds another 60 € to the price. I favour this as I do not want the upset of installing a second cable run.

ian

I have just sent off for the following : http://www.visiosat.com/images/products/sup_3lnb_75.jpeg

I already have a dish with a dual lnb (19.2 and 13)...need to buy another LNB. I already have a Diseq switch which allows me to have one wire going into my receiver from Astra and Hotbird. I'll have a second wire going into my other receiver(sky box). Haven't received it yet so don't know if it'll work, but can't see why not?

Steve

We recently fitted an 80cm motorized dish - 'Etap' brand - with analog / digital receiver. We've managed to get the BBC and ITV free to air channels including radio from Astra 2B but have totally failed to acquire the French channels from the many satellites programmed into the receiver - including Hotbird.

Atlantic3 wasn't in the memory SO we went looking manually but as we couldn't get a signal, we don't know whether we ever found it. Any suggestions would be very welcome. I'm currently missing out on Inspecteur Derrick. (kidding!)