Wanadoo now turns my PC off!!

People have said how invasive Wanadoo can be if you load the CD, I did but have still to get rid of it and set up an independent dial up to Wanadoo. 

However, had a problem with the modem the other day and a pop up which consisted of just a title bar but appeared to allow a site called Speechies to open.  So I ran norton and Stinger, nothing came up so I uninstalled and reloaded Wanadoo.  Since then every time I close the Wanadoo box down it shuts the PC down as well change  

Now this is quite a feat in XP as I cannot turn it off myself without going through the shutdown menu.  I have checked all the connection set ups in Wanadoo and nothing appears to have changed.

In relation to the Pop-up, I tried downloading skybot, to see if I had a Trojan, but each attempt to open the download got the message that the programme was corrupted and I needed a new version of the file.  Any suggestions on either problem very welcome 

[quote]Try restoring to an earlier back-up, then do all your scans, virus, SpyBot etc. If OK thus far do a manual set up of Wanadoo.[/quote]

If you go back to the restore point then run the checkers, before you run the checkers, switch off restore, run checkers, clean machine, then re-boot. If you run checkers without switching off "restore", any "mal-contents" will just load up with restore again.

I have a new problem now, when I first came out of O/E or the internet, I got a dialoque box asking if I wanted to stay connected, so I could select to be disconnected and come off the internet however, this has now dissapeared and having lost all the wanadoo stuff on the task bar, the little TV's that flash to show activity, I have no way of knowing if I am connected or not or being able to come off the internet " manually.

You can bring back the dialogue box and the TV icon this way:

Start from the IE menu: tools: internet options: connections.
Select the Wanadoo connection.
Click on the "settings" button.
The icon option is under "properties" and the dialogue box is under "advanced".

Thanks Mazan, seems to have done the trick.   I had looked at this looked through right click on the IE short cut and properties and found  the icon box was checked, then went into IE properly and followed the Tools route and the icon box was unchecked

OK now

Thanks again