transfering UK calls to France

I do it with BT but think you need a UK business line for it to work.

Then simply dial: *21* 0033etc.etc. finish with#.

#21# to cancell.

You will be billed in UK as though the incoming call was dialled directly to France. 

You can take out an 0844 UK telephone number.

An 0844 number is often called “local fixed rate” (has other names). It is a non-geographical number where all the call costs are paid for by the person making the call. Standard rate (anytime) most callers will be charged only 5p per minute (i.e. it is a lot cheaper than the “National Rate”).

You take out your own 0844 number and tell everybody about it. You set the number to divert to a standard landline (in France, Australia, loads of countries including the UK), pretty well wherever you want. You can actually set “Primary number”, then “2ndry number” (on no answer from “Primary number”. There is also voicemail available (e-mails you the recorded message).

You set-up the diverts, etc. using a special web page (i.e. browse to site, login with your username and password, etc.).#

This is all free to you (no setup costs, no running costs, nothing). The only costs incurred are the 5p per minute by the person in the UK making the call. There are organisations that will charge you for this service and there others who provide it all for free.

If you require more flexible diverts (i.e. French/Australian/US/etc. landline is not enough – e.g. you want to be able to divert to French mobile) then there are other number bases available (where the caller pays a higher rate).

I find it a good scheme. If anybody wants info, PM me. I am not commercially linked to any telephone service provider nor what I’ve described above – I’m just a user

[quote]I'm too stingy to pay for the 0844 lines and use an 0871 number instead which costs me nothing and is 10p a minute for people calling me. Arnold[/quote]

But I did actually say the 0844 solution was FREE i.e. you don't pay, and caller pays only 5p per minute (half the cost of your 0871 number)