Freesatcard - Which channels?

Please can someone tell me where I have gone wrong?

I have a Freesatcard but I can only get BBC1/2/3/4 and ITV 3..I thought that I would be able to also get ITV1 and 2 plus channels 4 and 5?

Am I wrong? Have I got the wrong card, if so which card should I try to get and where from?

Thanks

Assuming that you have a sky box, leave the card in the slot, tuned to skynews, and leave it to set itself up, which may take 24-36 hours. Sometimesyou have to ring in to assocaite the card with the box, which is what I had to do.

On the other hand, if you have a non sky box the card won't work anyway.

The original FTV cards issued by Sky/ BBC in early 2004 had to be configured in the box and you had to do this in the UK, perhaps you have one of those, they look like the old sky cards.  I am not sure that you can get them configured now but it might be worth trying Sky News for 24 hours.

Assuming you have one of the £20 Sky Freesat cards, and are using a Sky box, you will need to phone Sky.  Despite the blurb that accompanies the card, in reality it seems it is ALWAYS necessary to do this to activate the card. 

If you are living in France, and don't have a UK mobile, you will need to get a friend in the UK to phone for you.  The things you need to note down and pass on to your friend can be found using the Sky remote-control Services Button; then

4 System set-up

5 System details

then make a note of the manufacturer, model number, version number, serial number, viewing card number, operating system number, EPG software version.

(You won't need all of this, but it may help to avoid any akwardness when calling Sky).

They will also need to tell Sky the UK address the card was supplied to, and the telephone number. If Sky ask if the digibox is connected to a phone line, the answer is no.

Happy Viewing!