Has Sky pulled the plug?

Up until yesterday, our Sky box (unsubscribed) happily provided us with all the BBC channels, ITV 1 & 2, Channel 4 and Channel 5 but yesterday when we flicked to ITV it said 'insert your sky card' and is now only giving us the various BBC channels. Has anyone else experienced this? Have Sky stopped the free to air channels or is it just a technical fault with our box?

We still have all of those channels. I would imagine, as you are still getting the BBC channels, that the problem lies with your card. Do you still get the shopping channels, radio stations and all the other free rubbish?

I would suggest that you turn the box off, pull out the mains plug then remove the SKY card, give it a gentle clean, reinsert the card and make sure it's fully inserted then plug the SKY box back into the mains supply.

Some evenings I get quite a few sky messages saying there is something wrong with the card etc and all I do is pull out the card slightly and reinsert it and all is well. It can go for months without this happening but when it does it happens a lot in a short time.

probably the best thing sky ever did was to stop viewing reception of commercial t.v. stations-their is so much c*** on and repeats a return to reading or doing something more usefull with your time could pay dividends.,even get some jobs done which are on long list outstanding.

The Forum triumphs yet again!! Did as you all advised and, voila!, got all the stations back. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and special thanks from the missus who was worried about missing the next installment of Big Brother which is (apparently) due to start soon. Looks like all those 'to do' jobs will have to wait a bit longer...