Buying a TV Licence

not sure if watching videos without ariel is ok

No you will still have to pay, if you have a set that is capable of receiving TV.

PS  Especially if you are going to be buying a dish to put on the outside of your house.

won't take set if not lawful but other residents in village seem to think they have a right(??) ....for the £70 annual fee cinema would be better option!

set top box is for UK use only but purchase may require proof of addresss so that could be a limitation

martin

[quote]not sure if watching videos without ariel is ok No you will still have to pay, if you have a set that is capable of receiving TV. PS Especially if you are going to be buying a dish to pu...[/quote]

Sorry to nit-pick BJSLIV, but ".... if you have a set that is capable of receiving TV....." rather implies an aerial etc., : i.e. the ability to actually display a picture etc.  What it actually means is if you have an ordinary TV set (that is, something containing a tuner) then regardless of whether or not you can actually get it to display a picture or not you still technically need a licence (or to have ticked the "I have a TV" box on the tax d'hab. The tuner is the key.

paul

(sorry; reading through that I seem to be in posession of a job lot of "actuallys" !)