I've just started to put together a web page of some of the photos I have taken since being in France and I'd like to put it on the net, even though it is still "under construction".

Now I'm not the "sharpest knife in the drawer" , so if anyone out there can explain to me how I do it in simple (very simple) language, I'd be really grateful. 

Does anyone also know of any free web hosting sites I can publish it through.

BTW - the programme I'm using is Front Page.

Jan

Hi Jan

You could try www.freewebs.com . It's really simple to set up a web site using one of their many templates even for complete novices. It's free, though if you have lots of photos it's worth paying the small fee they charge to speed up the opening of the site. It's also live as soon as you do the initial setup process which only takes minutes.

Hope this is of help.

You are presumably using an ISP to get on the Internet. Some (don’t know about proportion, though all that I have ever taken out contracts with) include web space as part of what they provide under their being your ISP (e.g. as part of your however many euros per month).

Maybe check with your ISP. Some have free web tools that help you upload to “your site”, document how to do it, etc.

If you get your own domain name you can generally divert these (hidden) to your ISP web site so people don’t have to browse to some horrible difficult “mywebsite.com/me/myname/etc…”.

Deimos is right.

For example ntl give you 55MB of webspace free which provided you keep the photos to a reasonable size will be fine.

You can also use the free space but buy a www address from a firm like www.lcn.com (no connection to me other than I bought our domain name from them.

Another easier option that doesn't involve any webpage writing skills is Yahoo - again free of charge. I am not sure how much space they give you but I have uploaded a few hundred or so pics to Yahoo.

Web page writing is fairly straightforward and fun too - you may already have microsoft Front Page on your PC (?) and there are plently of HTML Editors to choose from.

Our website - www.spencerjouet.co.uk - has been set up using the free ntl space, domain purchased from www.lcn.com - and written in Front Page.

• 1 month later...