Saving Passwords

Hi all

There was a post on here a few weeks back about getting rid of automatic passwords and password save "prompts", I have spent hours looking back in this topic but cannot find it, mind you could be in legal, but anyway, I want the reverse, since doing a cache clearance,  all my auto passwords have disappeared but I cannot remember (Tres Agee)  what boxes to go to and where, to enable this, Thanks in anticipation of a cure!!

Hi Ron

You can (re)enable auto password prompt/completion by adjusting your autocomplete settings for internet explorer.

1. In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
  2. Click the Content tab.
  3. Under Personal information, click AutoComplete.
  4. Select the check boxes for the AutoComplete options you want to use.

Hope this helps

Is there a way of getting rid of selected passwords as some of mine have accumilated when I tried to pick a new Ebay name and they were always taken   my list is quite full but I need some of passwords saved as I dont even know them

When you sit and think about it, these days we are all required to remember a HUGE amount of data: passwords, entry codes, logon usernames, PIN numbers, - the list goes on and on.

I calculated that (back when I was working) if I were to log on to my home PC, then leave the house for work, get the car going, stopping en route at the cash machine, by the time I was working at my office PC I had needed 11 separate pieces of personal identification data.

Is it any wonder we write things down!

p