All electrical appliances

Probably been asked a thousand times, but can I bring all my electrical appliances to France? Will they work by plugging in through a simple adaptor plug.

I know about TV (SECAM/PAL) and that the phones may not ring

Yes,but whether they will all work at the same time will depend on the power of your supply.It will be 3Kw,6Kw and so on-you can request EDF to up your supply but it will then up your standing charge and cannot be done in every case as it also depends on your supply cables.Using a 3Kw English kettle at the same time as an English cooker and English washing machine is usually a no-no.

[quote]Probably been asked a thousand times, but can I bring all my electrical appliances to France? Will they work by plugging in through a simple adaptor plug. I know about TV (SECAM/PAL) and that the pho...[/quote]

You are right, this has been asked, if not a thousand times, certainly many.  It is such a pity the search facility on here doesn't work very well.   Everything will work but beware of using adaptors paticularly for high rated stuff like washing machines.  Make it a priority to change your plugs as soon as you can.

Liz (29)

As Liz says do not use adaptors on any high rated appliance as they can easily melt and possibly cause a fire. As an alternate to changing all you plugs immediately, you could take some UK 4 o 6 gang extension leads then only the plug on the extension lead would have to be changed initially.

Baz