Downloading movies and music

Forgot to mention, if you use limewire, make sure your virus protection is up to date.

bitcomet.com is a good torrent client (basically this is the program

that downloads the movies from the torrents you find from torrent sites)

torrentspy.com is good for finding torrents. type in the name of the movie, download the torrent (typically 56kb) and it will open in a torrent client automatically and download

also tvtorrents.com is good for a lot of popular tv shows

If you use iTunes you may have to hurry. French gov. has passed a law requiring downloaded media providers to open their DRM systems to allow downloaded materials to be played on non-proprietary devices. This means Apple (and others) will be required to open their proprietary DRM systems in order to be allowed to operate in France. Apples immediate reaction is that “they will not do this” and thus will be obliged to withdraw from trading in France.

(Unless decisions changed – last I head was that the law had been passed and required a upper house approval). Nothing to do with Apple (as it affects all online music stores) but I actually think it’s a really good plan. If you pay for something from e.g. Apple’s iTunes music store (or wherever), why should you not be able to play it on your MP3 player, etc. You are not stealing anything.

Ian

emule is better than limewire P2P but beware of viruses.

Lots of TV companies sell shows and movies online for very little these days and you get guaranteed quality and possibly faster downloads.

Bit torrent is really cool and if you are a real tech-head then MIRC has everything.

Many thanks for recommendations although I think I'll start with downloading music to start with as I haven't got a clue about bittorrent or bittorrent clients.  All sounds very technical.  I've been checking out the different sites that you've all suggested and me heads buzzing with jargon now!!!