French Telephones

Hi

I want to buy a French cordless telephone with integrated answerphone and two additional handsets. I would like the answerphone to record the date and time of messages and I would also like an intercom, can anyone recommend a system with this facility? Thanks for any help. 

Hi Steph1

We puirchased something similar from Leclerc but with two handsets, from what I can recall, they also had some units with three handsets. Our reponder records time and date etc of calls and messages can be picked up from either phone. I think you can pick them up from most shops like leclerc etc.

Hope this helps[:D]

kimberley 17

Hi Steph1, 

All digital cordless phones give you an intercom facility, i.e. you can phone from handset to another.  You can also answer a call on one handset and transfer the call to another.  Most will also allow you to have a “conference call”, (2 extensions sharing a call). 

The recording of the date and time of messages is generally referred to “time / date stamping” [of messages].  I’ve had a quick look on the Panasonic.fr website and they refer to it as “Annonce de la date et heure du message”, for example on their KX-TCD320FRT model http://www.panasonic.fr/servlet/PB/menu/1210389_l3/index.html 

A lot DECT phones offer similar features.  I’d suggest you give consideration to what particular features you need, for example, handsfree; the ability to plug an earpiece (like on a mobile phone); how many minutes of recording time the answering machine has (important if you anticipate a lot of messages); user-recordable outgoing message; phonebook size.  Some have the answering machine buttons on the main unit, with others you have to use the handset to play messages back.  Then have a look at what’s available in the big supermarkets – you’ll usually find details of the features on the boxes of the products. 

I’ve had several Panasonic cordless phones over the last 15 years and always found them to be reliable.

Hi

Thanks for your replies. The reason I asked the question is because the Philips telephone I have now doesn't say the time and date of the message, when I return from holiday I have no idea when the calls were made. The Panasonic sounds brilliant if you can buy additional handsets. Thanks again for your help.

[quote user="Steph1"]

Hi

Thanks for your replies. The reason I asked the question is because the Philips telephone I have now doesn't say the time and date of the message, when I return from holiday I have no idea when the calls were made. The Panasonic sounds brilliant if you can buy additional handsets. Thanks again for your help.

[/quote]

However, if you use  FT's messagerie, 'Top Message' then you will return to find all you messages safe, sound, and date/time-stamped, even though there was a storm and the electricity has tripped out !

p