Sky Digibox Misbehaving

We have returned to our property after a few months absence and are having Sky Digibox problems.

Could anyone advise on how to rectify the following?

We were temporarily able to receive the Channel Guide, synopsis and all subscribed channels including Ch 4, 5 after leaving the box on for 24 hours.

However, the next day the programme synopses disappeared then the Channel Guide.  Despite repeated total switching off of power all we get now is “searching for listings” when switched on.  We can still, however, access all the channels including 4 &5 if we key in the numbers.

I am totally puzzled.  Does this sound like a Digibox problem, or do we have to request a new card?

Last night I left the box on continuously after switching off and on the power, but the problem remains.

It is a Panasonic  TU-DS B30.

Thanks in advance.

I have had a similar problem with my panasonic.  I think it could be a Sky problem.

Selection 1 failed to function and show all channels, but the other buttons for the special selections (films, entertainment etc) all worked.

Yesterday evening everything was back to normal after the machine had been switched off for 2 days.

Because you have not used your card for some months, even though you have left your card in the box for over 24 hours it is quite possible that the regular Sky software downloads have not been upgraded to your card. I suggest that you do a forced down load and this may well solve your problem.  Follow the instructions as explained on this site and do not be impatient other wise this could lead to permanently damaging your digibox.

http://www.satelliteonline.co.uk/forced_downloads.htm

Baz