Freebox phone calls

Can anyone clarify for me the following?

I've had a Freebox installed since mid-May and was under the impression that this INCLUDED free phone calls France and UK in the €29.99 a month. However I have been billed for all these calls.

The Free website seem to imply that I need to sign up for the calls with a new set of conditions of sale effective July 1st but the associated documentation looks pretty heavy going - 25 pages of conditions!! - and I am reluctant to do this in case it ends up with a double subscription or something. What is the situation - do I need to sign up for something more or was I misled about the included calls?

Steve

Hi

Me too free calls.

You have set this up within the 'votre comte' page online and plugged in your phone into the box, sorry but you never know.

Can't remember now but I had to choose a phone number for the phone on the box and think it took a few hours to activate, then free calls here and UK.

"I signed up - I got free calls. It does what it says on the tin."

- so you went to the section "creer ma ligne telephonique Feebox", this asks you to choose a phone number from a list of numbers starting with 087 then 269 to 274 with a space after it. I selected some and got assigned the number 087274abcd as my Freebox line. What does this actually mean? Do I have to do anything with it? Tell people to use it or is it just a number Free uses internally? sorry to be dim... !!

Steve

I would imagine you have to be assigned a number to call out and you could use it for incoming calls instead of your main phone, this way you can use the other facilities - answer machine (online) and what ever else, I don't know what it costs to call these numbers though.

"You set this up within the 'votre comte' page online and plugged in your phone into the box"

AHA... I may have plugged them the other way round, the Freebox into the phone and the phone to the filter... can't remember now and I am in England again for a couple of weeks so will have to check when I get back.

Steve

[quote user="Andymr"]

Hi Guys, can I clarify please I have a Wanadoo livebox and in my compte it shows a number for telephone illimite. However I am being charged for these calls.

Andy

[/quote]

You are talking about a totally different product here -

The Livebox from Wanado / Orange / France Telecom gives you free calls inside France.

The Freebox from Free gives you free calls inside France and free International calls to 16 countries.

[quote user="Slast"]"I signed up - I got free calls. It does what it says on the tin."

- so you went to the section "creer ma ligne telephonique Feebox", this asks you to choose a phone number from a list of numbers starting with 087 then 269 to 274 with a space after it. I selected some and got assigned the number 087274abcd as my Freebox line. What does this actually mean? Do I have to do anything with it? Tell people to use it or is it just a number Free uses internally? sorry to be dim... !!

Steve[/quote]

You now have two telephone lines and two phone numbers, you can use either or both for incoming calls the charge is the same for your callers.

For outgoing calls your FT line costs you as usual, the Free line costs you nothing - difficult choice really!

If you want to be a real smart alec you buy a box from www.voxtoo.com for 75€.

You plug your FT line into the box and your Free line into the box, then you plug your DECT master phone into the box and if you have several DECT phones in the house each phone will ring regardless of which line is called.

When you dial out it automatically selects the Free line unless you over ride it and demand to use the FT line (useful for UK 0800 numbers).

If the ADSL goes down you still have the FT line available.

[quote user="Leslauriers"]

When you dial out it automatically selects the Free line unless you over ride it and demand to use the FT line (useful for UK 0800 numbers).

If the ADSL goes down you still have the FT line available.
[/quote]

How do you dial UK 0800 numbers using FT. I have tried and failed.

Sue