toshiba tv switch and loss of channels

I have a nicam digital tv 2173DB bought in uk before i came to france -about 7 years old.

the on/off push type button is not always connecting.

Is an identical switch needed or can a repair man in france fit another type.???

Otherwise it works o.k.

second question since a storm yesterday when electiic power lost for 10 hours in limoges area we notice we are not getting channel4 and 5 and the bbc1 states  bbc london.!!!! Are other people having problems---.before we got bbc1 and the local bbc1 south east news at the end of the program.

thanks for your assistance.

Unless you are willing to use the TV by remote and leave it on standby then i would buy a new one, not worth the price for repairing, 21inch TV can be had for around 100euros.

Not sure but sounds like your sat box has reset itself, normal channels should come back on, there is a way of getting your regional channel back - see links on thread for dish alignment

Thanks ChezShells.

I am a bit thick but another question .If I buy a french  tv set will it be compatible with my satellite Panasonic digi-box,my Sony dvd and Toshiba video recorder all bought in uk.??

are the number of lines on french and english tv the same now???

French TV will work fine.

UK and French tvs are (or was) different, French tvs are more universal being able to swap between UK and Secam whereas UK tvs cant so UK tvs are only good for satellite/dvds/video. I'm sure someone can explain this properly.

Lee

[quote user="Ab"]

second question since a storm yesterday when electiic power lost for 10 hours in limoges area we notice we are not getting channel4 and 5 and the bbc1 states  bbc london.!!!! Are other people having problems---.before we got bbc1 and the local bbc1 south east news at the end of the program.

[/quote]

Your card has either been dislodged or you have put it back in the wrong slot.

Make sure it's firmly in the right slot and re-boot it if necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

Well i bit the bullet and bought a new thompson lcd tv as my faithful toshiba swich was a discontinued line!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any how, in the new one  the book tells me a PIP screen in pc mode only is available.-what is PIP?

also remote only helps in sound and i have to change channels with sky remote,video and dvd with another 2 remotes .!!!!!!!!!!!!

is their a single one to do all of this???????????????????????

the book tells me a PIP screen in pc mode only is available.-what is PIP?

Picture in Picture (watch one thing in a little window inside the other image)

also remote only helps in sound and i have to change channels with sky remote,video and dvd with another 2 remotes .!!!!!!!!!!!!

is their a single one to do all of this???????????????????????

Something is Wrong! The remote is probably faulty , though some Thompsons had a slider switch to select either TV or Other Device.

If it is faulty take it back quickly. We all know what French service can be like.......

The remote works to set up tv color etc and set up channelsetc. but perhaps i did not make my question clear.

Is it possible to buy 1 remote which will change channels,turn on dvd or video and play ,fast forward etc.?

I have a Sony dvd ,Toshiba video and a Panasonic digi-box to get the free channels only.