the TV in one of our gites is dead...

....as we are selling we would prefere not having to buy a new one...

has anyone got a second hand TV for sale in the Riberac (24) area?

...can pay in cash... ...or in Pizzas![:P]

(even a UK tv model would work as we have satellite)

If anyone has a TV for sale, or knows someone who has, then please contact Chauffor direct using the forum's Private Message service. This will help ensure that this thread stays within the Forum Code of Conduct which prohibits advertising.

Tut tut Mary,

That, according to Eslier is advertising......I know its mad, you know it is..........................but !!

So poor old TROC DE L'ISLE, as French as France itself, mustn't be mentioned. How daft is that ?

We can ask anyone if they have anything then but, we can't expect a

reply from anyone by way of the Forum itself......It is not that one

can't ask but one cannot get a reply...am I missing something? You

surely can't have one with out the other or, all you are saying is, ask

for whatever you want and then people can PM you.

So why can't we have a wanted thread ?

problem solved! the old TV is working... it was aproblem with the scart plug, i now use the arerial connection to connect the digital box to the tv and it works fine

thanks everyone....

...and this post is certanly NOT sponsored by Dr Oetker Ristorante pizza!!!! [Www]

[quote user="Miki"]Tut tut Mary,

That, according to Eslier is advertising......I know its mad, you know it is..........................but !!

So poor old TROC DE L'ISLE, as French as France itself, mustn't be mentioned. How daft is that ?

We can ask anyone if they have anything then but, we can't expect a reply from anyone by way of the Forum itself......It is not that one can't ask but one cannot get a reply...am I missing something? You surely can't have one with out the other or, all you are saying is, ask for whatever you want and then people can PM you.

[/quote]

[:-))] It never occured to me that I was advertising. So can someone tell me the difference between my response and all the hundred of others that mention Mr Bricolage, BricoDepot, Carrefour, Auchan, etc etc etc in respone to where to buy queries?[8-)]

[quote user="Rob Roy"]

[quote user="Miki"]Tut tut Mary,

We can ask anyone if they have anything then but, we can't expect a reply from anyone by way of the Forum itself......It is not that one can't ask but one cannot get a reply...am I missing something? You surely can't have one with out the other or, all you are saying is, ask for whatever you want and then people can PM you.

[/quote]

[:-))] It never occured to me that I was advertising. So can someone tell me the difference between my response and all the hundred of others that mention Mr Bricolage, BricoDepot, Carrefour, Auchan, etc etc etc in respone to where to buy queries?[8-)]

[/quote]

Surely Eslier was refering  only to a Private Sale. There has never been a problem with mentioning companies previously, provided one does not have a vested interest. If that was the case then this site would have been closed long ago and there would be no point of these forums.

Baz

So, why can't we have a wanted thread ? As long as the person asking

gets PM's in reply, then that stays well within the guideline surely ?

As for recommending shops, we are I'm sure, quite aware, that none of

us

on here is related to Mr Merlin or Mme Castorama, so that is of course

a  pretty safe bet. And as for saying "I know someone with a so

and so that you need" on the forum, how indeed is that any different to

saying "Go to Auchan or whoever" ?

Agreed, Miki.  There's a measure of commonsense called for here.  Many people ask if anyone knows of a B&B or a decent hotel in such and such a place, etc.  and receive replies from forum members who either have something that suits or know someone who does.

There's a world of difference between responding to a request for information etc. and self-promotion.  Advertising is unsolicited - this sort of request is not the same at all.

Phil.  Not related in any way to Miki.